You should be able to install webtrees on most web-servers. The setup process will check that your server has all the necessary libraries and features installed. If you prefer, you can read the detailed requirements.
- Check the version of PHP on your server.
- For PHP 7.1 and later, download webtrees-2.0.4.zip.
- For PHP 7.0 and earlier download webtrees-1.7.17.zip.
- Unpack this file on your computer. You should have a folder called
- Upload the contents of the
webtreesfolder to a folder on your web server.
- Visit your site in your web-browser, and follow the instructions.
- After the installation is complete, you will be prompted to create or import your first family tree.
If you use one of the hosts or platforms listed below, there are some additional things you should know.
There are a number of unofficial third-party installers and pre-built packages. If you have any problems with these installers, please contact the provider directly.